Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Java


I started to trying to work with Java. I downloaded JDK 7 . I wrote the first application "hello world" with instructions for windows from the Java tutorials . I wrote the application with the the notebook. I can tell that Command Prompt found "Hello World" but I couldn't figure out why the compiler failed to generate that ".class" bytecode file.

I'm looking at the instructions again and these instructions are for XP, 2000, and Vista, but it doesn't say windows 7. It also says that these are instructions for JDK 6. I'm not sure if this is the problem or not, and I don't really know where to start troubleshooting.

I'm gonna keep trying tomorrow with a tutorial that's a little more comprehensive and explicitly is for JDK 7 and or Windows 7. Like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment