Friday, February 10, 2012

a)

This is a way for me to track my progress on a number of things I'm working on right now. I think this will be a fun way to reflect on things that are going on for me. I'm going to apply to MA and PHD programs in linguistics and cognitive science next year and I would like this to be a way to track my progress as I work toward a couple of goals. I may talk about the application process. Who I talk to, where I am looking at going, what requirements I'm trying to fill to get into a research position, but what I am more interested in is my progress. I'm currently working on a number of things:

I'm listening to, and taking notes on iTunes U classes from Berkeley's Psychology department about cognitive science. So I'd like to post my notes from the lectures I listen to here.

I'm also reading research papers on topics that I think may interest me, and that I may want to research myself in the future and I'll be responding here to those papers as well.

I may post in other languages as a writing exercise. I'm currently reading Pier Paolo Pasolini's unfinished Petriolio and J.M Le Clezio's Revolutions so I will probably write about things I'm reading in general.

I'm learning new languages as well. I'm active in the Classics department and learning Greek and Latin so I will probably post about interesting things that come from my study of those languages.

I also like games. All types of games interest me. I appreciate the structure and mechanisms which makes games playable and interesting. I like card games: particularly Italian card games like Scopa and Briscola. I like 2 player tactical and strategic board games, like Chess and Go. I also enjoy Acquire and Diplomacy

No comments:

Post a Comment